Comal County Courthouse
This courthouse is actually the second Comal Courthouse, the first of which was replaced due to severe deterioration in 1898. The Romanesque Revival structure designed by James Riely Gordon is a Recorded Texas Historic Landmark and on the National Register of Historic Places. In 2011-2012 during the full restoration of the courthouse we rebuilt all of the wood windows (double-hung, casement, pivot and transom). The original windows had been disposed of decades earlier and replaced with aluminum windows. The only original windows were some sashes located in the attic and one original curved sash (found stored in the attic). This was restored and put back in one of the district courtroom openings. We also built interior "pivot" windows, double-hung windows and interior doors. It was an honor to work on this beautiful building!